Do you like working with your hands, diagnosing, and repairing equipment? Do you enjoy a productive workday, getting stuff done and making the customer happy? Do you want a full-time career with excellent compensation for quality work and a team that’s got your back to help you succeed? If you say yes to these three questions, then this job is for you.
Five Point is seeking a self-motivated, high-energy service technician for Houston and surrounding areas. Full-time training, diagnostics, and repair work for an industry-leading brand of commercial deep fryers, holding cabinets, and combi-ovens. Customers include national & local restaurant chains (McDonald’s, Wendys, Chili’s, etc.) universities, and hospitals. Qualified candidates should have knowledge of electrical components, be a quick learner, and a good problem solver. Ongoing training provided for all technicians at the manufacturer’s headquarters.
- Diagnose and repair non-functional commercial kitchen equipment based on manufacturer training (Provided upon hire)
- Review and coordinate service schedule with office dispatch
- Maintain baseline parts inventory on service vehicle which includes accuracy, re-stock, and quarterly audit
- Maintain and communicate service vehicle maintenance (oil change, tire rotation, battery, etc.)
- Daily roundtrip travel to/from scheduled service calls (between 3-9 hours)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous technical experience such as Refrigeration/HVAC repair, Furnace repair, cooking
- General knowledge and understanding of electrical components/circuitry
- Real-world computer knowledge (e-mail, internet research, etc)
- Proficiency in communication and time management
- Understanding the use of multi-meter, manometer, vacuum gauges, etc…
Compensation & Benefits
Total compensation for an effective technician is $65,000+ per year, composed of:
$15/hr base pay + 25% commission on billable service once trained / 15% during training
Rotating on-call work is required for some weekends.
Service vehicles, gas purchases, and tools are provided by the employer and are monitored for proper use.
Technicians receive two weeks of paid time off as well as health insurance and retirement savings benefits. You will also have the benefit of working with a small but effective team without the corporate red tape.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year