Hello and welcome back to our ‘Now You Know’ series, right here from the Five Point Demo Kitchen. Today, we’re taking an in-depth look at how to program a product on the control panel of Henny Penny’s new F5 low oil volume open fryer. With its new touchscreen interface, it has never been easier to customize your menu items, time, temperature, and even upload pictures to ensure the consistency you’re striving for.
Let’s dive in and learn how to make the most out of the F5’s programming features.
Programming a Product
1. Accessing the Menu: Whether the fryer is on or off, select the ‘menu’ option in the bottom left corner of the screen. Next, select ‘food item settings’ from the submenu and enter the code 1234 to unlock the options.
2. Creating a New Food Item: From the options available, select ‘create new food item’. Start by setting the cooking time. You can do this by scrolling up or down to select minutes first, followed by seconds to your desired cooking time. Once done, hit the ‘done’ button.
3. Setting Cooking Temperature: After setting the cooking time, select the cooking temperature. By default, it goes to your set point, which is usually 350 degrees.
4. Advanced Cooking Parameters: After selecting the temperature, hit the ‘next’ button to see the advanced settings. These include:
- Load Compensation: By default, it’s set to 10. Load compensation adjusts the timer based on the volume of the batch you drop.
- Load Comp Reference Temperature: It’s usually set at your set point.
- Full Heat Time: This can be adjusted as needed. The default is 10.
- PC Factor: This can also be edited as needed. The default is 5.
5. Shake Alert: If the product needs shaking during the cooking process, this can be customized by selecting at what time you would like the user to shake the product.
6. Quality Timer: This alert lets you know when a new batch needs to be dropped after cooking one previously. In our case, we won’t be using it.
7. Show Food Item on Vat: Make sure this is checked so the image shows on your main screen of food items.
8. Select an Image: Here, you can select an image for your product. Choose from the default images on the control panel or upload one yourself. We’ll show you how to upload an image in a future ‘Now You Know’ video.
9. Name Your Item: Next, use the keyboard to customize the name of your menu item.
10. Review and Save: The last screen allows you to see all the settings you’ve customized for your food product. If there are any last-minute adjustments or you want to review your inputs, this is the screen to do it before hitting ‘save’.
Checking Your Product
To double-check and make sure your item is there, click on either the ‘cook left’ or ‘cook right’ side and find your product. That’s it!
Now you know how to program a product on the F5 series open fryer. Each control panel can store up to 99 customized programs. Once you’ve programmed one control panel, you can simply download those items to a USB stick and upload them to another control panel. We’ll show you how to do this in a later ‘Now You Know’ episode.
If you’re interested in seeing these features live, make sure to check out our website and book a demo to learn all things Henny Penny. Stay tuned for our next video, where we show you the fastest filtration cycle on the market.
As always, make sure to like and subscribe to our ‘Now You Know’ series to stay updated. That’s all for now. See you in the next installment!